Call for poster presentation abstracts for OPPA 2019 Annual Psychiatric Update
CALL FOR POSTERS
The Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association (OPPA) and Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Foundation (OPPF) invite all the OPPA members, resident/fellows and medical students to participate by submitting an abstract to the upcoming Annual Psychiatric Update to be held at the Marriott University in Columbus on March 30-31st 2019. If the abstract is accepted, you will be expected to showcase your work in the form of a poster.
- Members and residents/fellows must be an OPPA member. Medical students must be members of the American Psychiatric Association.
- Submission areas may include research reports, research-in-progress, case reports, and posters that have already been presented elsewhere within the past year.
- Presenting author(s) are required to personally attend their poster for the duration of the assigned judging times. Specific details will be provided prior to the event.
- Posters will be required to be on-site for the duration of the conference, and any posters remaining after the conclusion of the conference will be discarded.
- Tri-fold poster boards will be 48 inches wide and 36 inches high; pins/clips will be provided.
- All abstracts must be received by 11:59pm on Feb. 15, 2019 (DATE EXTENDED) for consideration for inclusion in the 2019 posters.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR SUBMISSION
- Name of author(s)
- Information of author(s) (contact information, level of training or years in practice, degrees, title, institution name, address, phone number, and email address).
- Abstract (500 words or less).
- The disclosure form (see below) is due at the time of abstract submission.
- All submission materials must be received as attachments (as a PDF or Word document) via a single email to OPPF@ohiopsychiatry.org.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
THE REVIEW PROCESS
- Submissions will be reviewed for acceptance by the OPPF Research Awards Committee.
- Selection criteria include educational value, audience appropriateness, topic diversity, connection to the theme of the OPPA Annual Meeting.
- Posters will be judged during the assigned times of the OPPA Annual Psychiatric Update.
- Judges will be appointed by the OPPF Executive Board to the Poster Awards Committee.
- Poster winners will be announced on Sunday morning of the conference.
General Disclosure Policy
- Every presenter must complete a Disclosure of Financial Interests form through the OPPA’s online submission site.
Each presenter must make every effort to ensure meaningful disclosure of limitations on data (e.g. ongoing research, interim analysis, preliminary