Ohio Medicaid supports work and community engagement
Source: Office of Health Transformation
On April 30, Ohio Medicaid requested federal approval to implement a work requirement to promote financial independence, community engagement and better health outcomes among Medicaid expansion enrollees.
Most of the 700,000 Ohioans enrolled in Medicaid expansion work – 58 percent earned income in the previous year and 44 percent currently meet the work requirement. Additional enrollees are exempt from the requirement based on Ohio law and federal guidelines.
As a result, an estimated 95 percent of the current Medicaid expansion population will meet the work requirement or be exempt, and the remaining 5 percent – about 36,000 individuals – will need to seek work or otherwise comply with the requirement to remain enrolled in Medicaid.